A new analyst report from the Royal Bank of Canada thinks that with a small investment Apple could disrupt the crypto exchange space and pay for it by buying bitcoin.
This episode is sponsored by Nexo.io.
Today on the Brief:
- A shifting inflation narrative
- Reddit raises $250M and has a $6B valuation
- Castle Island Ventures announces $50M fund II
Our main discussion: Might Apple by the next company to dive into bitcoin?
In the wake of Tesla’s surprise $1.5 billion bitcoin purchase announcement, many are wondering which Fortune 500 will be next.
According to a new report from the Royal Bank of Canada – the country’s largest bank with more than C$800 billion in assets – the best candidate may be Apple.
In this episode, NLW breaks down:
- Why the RBC thinks Apple should build a crypto exchange
- How a BTC treasury purchase could fund it
- Why the crypto exchange space and the bitcoin treasury movement are both white-hot topics of discussion right now
See also: Apple Should Launch Own Crypto Exchange, RBC Analyst Says
Image credit: David Paul Morris/Bloomberg via Getty Images