Insights from PayPal’s first quarterly earnings report since launching crypto services.
This episode is sponsored by Nexo.io.
Today on the Brief:
- Elon Musk back to DOGE trolling
- Bank of England says to prepare for negative interest rates
- Janet Yellen on “Good Morning America” discussing retail investors
Our main discussion: What did we learn about PayPal’s crypto strategy from its quarterly earnings report?
In this episode, NLW breaks down:
- How PayPal’s perspective on crypto evolved
- What we learned about the success of its offering in Q4 2020
- What’s next for crypto at PayPal in 2021
- Why its biggest play is squarely focused on central bank digital currencies
See also: PayPal Q4 Transaction Revenue Rose 11.8% in 1st Quarterly Report Since Adding Crypto
Image credit: Manuel Blondeau/Corbis via Getty Images