Samsung has unveiled the Samsung Galaxy A52 and A72, making powerful innovation accessible to everyone. The latest Samsung Galaxy A series lets you communicate and express yourself with an awesome camera, immerse yourself in a clear viewing experience with a smooth scrolling display, and enjoy greater peace of mind with innovative Galaxy foundation features, including water resistance and more battery power. The Galaxy A series will also expand your mobile experience by providing access to the wider Galaxy ecosystem of connected devices, such as Galaxy Buds Pro, Galaxy SmartTag, and Galaxy Tab.
“Samsung strives to give consumers what they want and need most. That’s why we set out with a vision for the Galaxy A series to democratise Galaxy innovations for everyone,” says Justin Hume, Director: Integrated Mobility at Samsung South Africa. “These new devices encapsulate the Galaxy brand philosophy with cutting-edge innovations, services and features at a reasonable price.”
Create, communicate and express yourself with an awesome camera
By making exciting camera innovations available for the new Galaxy A series, you can enjoy more fun and versatile photos and videos.
- Versatile Camera Experience – Shoot vivid and crisp photos and videos with ease thanks to a versatile quad camera with 64MP high-resolution. Instantly turn your favourite moments from 4K videos into 8MP high-resolution images with 4K Video Snap. Scene Optimizer uses AI to shoot with optimal settings for 30 categories of images and backgrounds such as food, landscapes and pets.
- Stable day or night – Whether filming the latest dance trend or capturing a new skateboard trick, Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) ensures pictures and videos come out sharp and steady. No need to miss an important moment anymore because of low lighting. Night mode uses multi-frame processing, resulting in a bright and crisp image even in the dark.
- Fun content capture – Add style and unique flair to content using AR Emoji and My Filter. Additionally, you can now apply AR Lenses from Snapchat with Fun Mode when snapping content from the native camera app.
- See and be seen with an awesome display and refined design
Samsung enhances experiences and style with a vivid display and sophisticated design to fit and reflect your life.
- Brighter and Smoother – Enjoy your favourite show on Samsung’s beloved Super AMOLED display. Now with 90Hz on the Galaxy A52 and A72, the scrolling experience is even smoother. Keep watching and scrolling social media posts even when outside, thanks to an increased 800nits luminance.
- Comfortable viewing experience – The display is also “Eye Care” certified, and automatically adjusts the display’s colour temperature based on smartphone usage patterns to reduce eye fatigue with “Eye Comfort Shield”.
- Refined design – The new Galaxy A series features a refreshed design that is simple yet purposeful with a soft-edge design and minimal camera housing.
Expand your experiences thanks to the power of the awesome Galaxy ecosystem
The new Galaxy A series experience is enhanced by the seamless connections and new opportunities offered through the Samsung Galaxy ecosystem.
- Stay organised and connected – SmartThings connects to and controls thousands of devices in a smart home environment right from the Galaxy A Series — including wearables, tablets, PCs and TVs. Additionally, SmartThings Find locates your paired devices with more intuitive and detailed directions, and Galaxy SmartTag Bluetooth locator can find non-connected devices or belongings by attaching it to what matters most. So you can connect and control thousands of devices from your Galaxy A series.
- Enjoy music together without hassle – Whether participating in a joint workout at home or catching up on the latest podcast with friends, connect and listen to music together. Music Share simply syncs a phone with a friend’s device to share music without speaker pairing. Also, pair phones with two sets of Galaxy Buds devices and listen together with Buds Together.
- Connect and share with ease – Quick Share lets you easily send pictures and videos without size limitation to nearby Galaxy devices so you can get quick approval before posting a group selfie. With Private Share, you can change your mind whom to share with, or revoke the photos and videos even after sharing with just one tap.
Expect more and get more with awesome Galaxy foundation
The new Galaxy A series comes with the Galaxy essentials that all Galaxy users deserve to have.
- Peace of mind – Take chances and get messy without worry as the Galaxy A52 and A72 are water and dust resistant with an IP67 rating. By adding Samsung Care+, you can plan for the unexpected with instant support and guaranteed coverage for damages, breakdowns, theft, and loss. Protect the things that matter with built-in Samsung Knox—Samsung’s defence-grade security system that safeguards personal information and data in real-time.
- Two-day battery – Capture, create, and consume without slowing down with a large battery capacity that lasts two days with A52’s 4 500mAh and A72’s 5 000mAh battery capacity.
- Enjoy premium essentials – The Galaxy A52 and A72 are equipped with the Galaxy essentials including stereo speakers and external memory up to 1TB. Enhance the stereo speakers experience with Dolby Atmos for a rich soundscape filled with up-levelled depth and detail. Also, the redesigned One UI 3 helps enable more intuitive experiences and consistent interactions by increasing speed, reducing distractions and highlighting important information.
- Support sustainability – Samsung regularly evaluates products, packaging and operations to discover new ways to improve our efforts to promote sustainability. The Galaxy A52 and A72 uses pulp mould and paper to minimise unused space and material use for the packaging.
- Software updates – Samsung always aims to provide Galaxy users with an up-to-date mobile OS, and this is now expanded to the A series. The Galaxy A52 and A72 will support software upgrades for three generations, and regular security updates for a minimum of four years.
The new Galaxy A Series will be available in Awesome Black and Awesome Violet for the Galaxy A72 and in Awesome Black and Awesome Blue or the Galaxy A52. To add value to the purchase, you can now trade-in over 6 000 Samsung and non-Samsung eligible devices from laptops, mobile phones, smartwatches, tablets and much more at Samsung Stores nationwide and on the official Samsung Online Store. To add even more value, you will receive an additional R500* off the final trade-in amount of your pre-owned device during a trade-in, to offset the device cost or pay a few months of your device tariff. This special offer is available from Samsung Brand store, Samsung Online and other major retailers between 18 March to 30 April 2021.
You can get R1 720 when you trade-in18 your Galaxy A31 smartphone or R1 450 trade-in your Galaxy A30s smartphone. You can get up to R1 800 when you trade-in your Galaxy A50 and up to R2 500 when you trade-in your Galaxy A51 smartphone. You can get up to R2 600 when you trade-in your Galaxy A70 and up to R3 400 when you trade in your Galaxy A71. For added peace of mind, those who purchase this awesome device can protect it against accidental damage with Samsung Care + for a once-off of R9919 for 12 months of protection. For more information about the Samsung Galaxy A52, A52 5G and A72, visit www.samsungmobilepress.com, news.samsung.com/galaxy or www.samsung.com/galaxy.
18Trade-in value dependent on the condition of the original phone
19Terms and conditions apply
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies. The company is redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, digital appliances, network systems, and memory, system LSI, foundry and LED solutions. For the latest news, please visit the Samsung Newsroom at https://news.samsung.com/za/
Terms and conditions for the Samsung Care Plus (12-months service plan) R99 once-off promotion for Galaxy A32, A32 5G, A52 and A72
Please read this Promotion terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) carefully. Participation in this Promotion will constitute your agreement to comply with these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions, please do not participate in this Promotion. Please refer to this website for the current Terms and Conditions for this Promotion: https://www.samsung.com/za/offer/
All participants during the term of this Promotion agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
- Samsung Care Plus (12-month service plan) R99 promotion for Galaxy A32, A32 5G, A52, A72 (“Promotion”).
- The promoter of the Promotion is Samsung Electronics South Africa (Proprietary) Limited, Registration number: 1994/003872/07 and/or its agencies (“Organizer”).
- Promotion Period:
- The Promotion will run from 18 March 2021 at 00h00 to 31 May 2021 at 23h59. (“Promotion Period”) in the Republic of South Africa.
- The Promotion Period may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of the Organiser.
- The Promotion is valid while stocks last.
- Who may enter:
- All participants must:
- be citizens of the Republic of South Africa and/or legal residents of the aforesaid country;
- be currently residing in the Republic of South Africa at the date of the commencement of the Promotion Period;
- be a natural person and be at least 18 (eighteen) years old at the date of the commencement of the Promotion Period;
- be in the possession of a valid South African identity document at the time of redemption of the Offer.
- Purchase a Samsung Galaxy A32, A32 5G, A52, A72 (“Qualifying Device”) with stock keeping unit (“SKU”) number AFA in stores that are operating within the Republic of South Africa.
- Only a Qualifying Device with SKU number: AFA will be eligible. What this means is that a non-counterfeit Qualifying Device purchased locally or imported from another country outside of South Africa, will not qualify for the purpose of this Promotion (“Parallel Device”). Parallel Devices will have SKU numbers other than AFA and will therefore not qualify for this Promotion.
- How to qualify for the Promotion:
- the participant must within the Promotion Period:
- Purchase a Qualifying Device with SKU number: AFA at any local Samsung Authorised network operator, retail outlet or online, during the Promotion Period to qualify for the Offer. The Samsung Care Plus Plan is subject to further terms and conditions which can be found on the following website: www.samsung.com/za/SamsungCarePlus/StandardTerms;
- Switch on their Qualifying Device and connect to the internet;
- Go to www.samsung.com/za/offer/a-series-care-plus-launch-promo
via mobile phone or desktop computer;
- Click the Buy Now button;
- Click the Join Samsung Care+ button;
- Complete the application form; and
- make the online once-off payment of R99.
- No claims for or activation of the Samsung Care Plus R99 promotion, in respect of a Qualifying Device purchased during the Promotion Period will be accepted or processed after 31 May 2021 (23h59).
- Proof of purchase of the Qualifying Device may be required by the Organiser as part of the redemption process.
- Only a Qualifying Device with SKU number: AFA will be eligible. Any and all Parallel Devices will not qualify for the purpose of this Promotion.
- Can I qualify more than once for the Promotion:
- The Promotion is limited to 1 (one) Samsung Care Plus Plan per valid Qualifying Device purchased (identifiable by the unique IMEI number).
- Should there be any dispute in this regard, the Organiser shall be sole adjudicator of the dispute and the Organiser’s decision shall be final.
- The Promotion will afford the participant the opportunity to receive a once-off promotional / discounted price of R99 (including VAT) for the 12 months Samsung Care Plus Plan (“Offer”) during the Promotion Period.
- The Offer is not transferable. No substitution, cash redemption, or assignment of the Offer is permitted.
- An additional repair fee of R499 (Four Hundred and Ninety Nine Rand) will be applicable to A32, A32 5G and R749 (Seven Hundred and Forty Nine Rand) will be applicable to A52, A72 and is to be paid by the participant for an accidental damage repair that is provided in the twelve (12) month period of the Samsung Care Plus Plan.
- Terms of Activation:
- The Samsung Care Plus Plan must be purchased by way of a once-off payment in the sum of R99 by the participant within the Promotion Period.
- Should the participant fail to supply valid and/ or correct application details upon redemption of the Samsung Care Plus promotion through the application form found on the following website, the Offer will be forfeited:
Go to www.samsung.com/za/offer/a-series-care-plus-launch-promo to complete the application form.
- Limitation of Liability:
- To the extent permitted by Consumer Protection Act No 68 of 2008 (“Consumer Protection Act”) and any other applicable law:
- The participant and/or winner(s) hereby indemnifies the Organiser against any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages or loss of any kind regardless of how this was caused, and whether it arose under the law of contract or delict or otherwise, because of the participants’ entrance to the Promotion.
- The Organiser excludes all warranties (express or implied), representations and liabilities regarding this Promotion (other than for death or personal injury caused by its negligence and/or fraud).
- Data charges may be incurred by the participant during the redemption process of the Offer and the Organiser will not be responsible for any such costs.
- Network rates apply.
- In accordance with the confidentiality policies and practices of the Organiser, none of the entry details of any participant in this Promotion will be disclosed or used by the Organiser for any purposes other than for entry into the Promotion and in accordance with clause 9.4 below.
- Upon purchase of the Samsung Care Plus Plan, the participant will be bound by the Samsung Care Plus terms and conditions (www.samsung.com/za/SamsungCarePlus/StandardTerms). Should there be any dispute in this regard, the Organisers shall be sole adjudicator of the dispute and the Organiser’s decision shall be final.
- Participants acknowledge and accept that the Organiser shall utilise a third party agent to issue and administer the Samsung Care Plus Plan. In order to affect the contacting process, the Organiser shall provide the participant’s information to such a third party agent.
- Details of participants will not be used by the Organiser for Samsung related communication should the participants opt out to receive further communication from the Organiser.
- Information regarding the Promotion that is published on authorised advertising material will also form part of the Terms and Conditions of the Promotion.
- The Organiser may in its sole discretion amend these Terms and Conditions at any time, without notice, and such amendments shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication of the revised Terms and Conditions on the Organiser’s website http://www.samsung.com/za/offer/. The onus rests on the participant to constantly check the website for updates to the Terms and Conditions.
- The Organiser reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of participants (including a participant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to reject any participant who has not agreed to these Terms and Conditions. Errors and omission may be accepted at the Organiser’s discretion. Failure by the Organiser to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Organiser reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any participant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion as appropriate, subject to the approval of relevant regulatory authorities.
- Save as permitted by law, the Organiser reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this Promotion, without notice at any time, and such cancellation, suspension or termination shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication on the Organiser’s website http://www.samsung.com/za/offer/. No liability shall lie against the Organiser in favour of any participant, winner(s) and/ or third party arising from such cancellation, suspension or termination. Therefore the participant waives his/her right which they may have against the Organiser and hereby acknowledge that they will have no right of recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against the Organiser.
- This Promotion is governed by these Terms and Conditions, as well as those of the relevant authorized participating stores, associated with this Promotion.
- The Organiser and its agencies reserve the right to correct any errors and/or omissions in relation to the Promotion. These Terms and Conditions will supersede any errors and/or omissions on any publicly communicated documentation or marketing material.
- Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa.
- The Organiser accepts no liability or responsibility, whether occasioned by any circumstance not foreseeable and not within its reasonable control for late or delayed delivery of the Offer owing to, but not limited to, stock unavailability, strike, lock out, breakdown of equipment, any civil commotion or disorder, riot, threat of war, any action taken by governmental authority or public authority of any kind, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake or other acts of God.
- If part or all of any clause of these Terms and Conditions is illegal, invalid or unenforceable:
- It will be read down to the extent necessary to ensure that it is not illegal, invalid or unenforceable, but if that is not possible;
- It will be severed from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions will continue to have full force and effect.
- Consumer Protection Act:
10.1 To the extent that the Terms and Conditions or any goods or services provided under the Terms and Conditions are governed by the Consumer Protection Act, no provision of the Terms and Conditions are intended to contravene the applicable provisions of the Consumer Protection Act, and therefore all provisions of the Terms and Conditions must be treated as being qualified, to the extent necessary, to ensure that the applicable provisions of the Consumer Protection Act are complied with.